Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Assault on Al Gore

If I were the former vice president, I'd hold a press conference tomorrow, walk up to the mic and say, "I rest my case," and walk off. These people are just unbelievable. Maybe he gets such a cold, sneering reception from them because he's living, walking proof that their shitty reporting sent the country off in a direction it was never supposed to go. Or maybe it just pisses them off to have to deal with someone notably smarter and better educated than them. Everyone becomes a folksy anti-intellectual when the guy across from them is an expert.

I'm reading the book, by the way; I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

grimsaburger said...

I don't have a frustrated sigh long enough or loud enough for that kind of shit. The vehemence of the anti-intellectualism is particularly distressing, but then that should be no surprise coming from me.