Thursday, May 01, 2008

the hunt for the Cup


For those of you interested, Rene has a series of running posts on the Stars' surprisingly dominant performance during the NHL playoffs. They're on pace to hose the Sharks in the next couple of days, and barring some sort of 2004 Yankees-style meltdown in Detroit, it's on to the Red Army from there.

Rene's been a hockey fiend for years now and can give you better analysis than most of the guys who get paid for it, so if you dig the Stars, you should check him out.

4 comments:

sap said...

Poor, poor el ranchero. Just because you've got a fellow Stars fan to post with doesn't mean you should ignore the inevitable. I will accept your apologies for holding outlandish thoughts once the Wings have once again proven triumphant. If I'm feeling generous, I might not even make you do the dance this time...

el ranchero said...

I don't remember any dance!

sap said...

Post-traumatic block out, perhaps?

Oh wait, maybe that was my victory dance, not your defeat dance. Nevermind.

Rene said...

ha, I missed this when you posted it initially.

My Stars still have work to do in the current series, but when they do I promise a good and thorough breakdown of how they and Wings match up.

I can tell you right off the bat that the thing I plan to be most disappointed in will be the number of red and white jerseys that will show up in our building. Hell, I saw Redwing jerseys in this series.